At SUSS MicroTec, Inc., our business is to supply innovative technology for products used by our high tech customers – today’s global leaders in industries producing cutting edge products such as smart phones and media tablets. We drive the technologies used for LED’s, MEMS, 3-D technology, and Advanced Packaging at the wafer level.
We’re seeking to expand our capacity by adding an experienced Engineering Technician & CAD Drafter to our Product Development team. This position is located in our Williston, Vermont office. You will be part of a dynamic environment, supporting the development of technically advanced automated assemblies and process modules. You will be part of a team solving complex problems and providing solutions that address the challenges presented by our customers and markets. Typical responsibilities will be split between hands-on prototype assembly, testing & report generation; balanced with CAD drafting / ERP.
Engineering Technician & CAD Drafter
We’re seeking to expand our capacity by adding an experienced Engineering Technician & CAD Drafter to our Product Development team. This position is located in our Williston, Vermont office.
- Support R&D engineers by assembling prototypes of new designs
- Assist with prototype test plan development, measurement methods & associated fixtures, etc.
- Qualify designs by executing test plans
- Consolidate test results into concise documents & reports
- Participate in concept development, design review & team meetings
- Maintain development lab and required equipment/tools
- Generate/update 2D CAD drawings from 3D modeled designs (SolidWorks)
- ERP data entry/revisions for bills of material and items (SAP)
- Work with multi-site cross-functional teams
- Work within the requirements of internal product development processes including design/project reviews
Domestic and international travel of 10-20% may be required. This would include time spent at our manufacturing sites in Germany and customer sites worldwide.
Desired Skills & Experience
- Three (plus) years of hands-on experience in manufacturing or R&D environments. Pneumatics, electronics, precision mechanics, and/or optics experience preferred
- Fundamental knowledge of electro-mechanical systems
- Knowledge of materials, manufacturing processes, and finishes
- Ability to operate machine shop equipment (mill, lathe, etc.) preferred
- Knowledge of geometric tolerancing (GD&T), and engineering drawing practices (ISO standards preferred)
- Proficient in the use of CAD systems, preferably SolidWorks
- Experience with ERP and PLM systems, for document, material, BOM and revisions - preferably SAP
- Good interpersonal and communication skills; ability to meet deadlines and achieve goals with minimal supervision
- German language experience a plus
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; and talk or hear. The employee is occasionally required to stand, walk, and sit. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
- A.S. in engineering/technical discipline
We offer a competitive compensation and benefits package and a collaborative work environment. Applications must include cover letter, resume, and salary requirements. Prior to employment, SUSS MicroTec, Inc. will run background checks to verify past employment, and criminal and civil records. Passing a pre-employment drug screen and providing proof of eligibility to work in the US are also required for employment. SUSS MicroTec, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, or national origin.