Inkjet printer for PCB manufacturing
JETxSM with PiXDRO technology is at the heart of the technology revolution in solder mask application.
The award-winning novel inkjet-printed solder mask solution for PCBs (printable circuit board) enables drop-on-demand inkjet printing. The advantages of inkjet-based manufacturing are significant. It avoids costly photo processes, which typically include resist coating, exposure, and development steps.
Inkjet printing considerably reduces capital equipment investments, associated labor, floor space, chemicals usage, and related handling and disposal costs. Because inkjet is digital and additive, it is highly flexible, thus minimizing manufacturing turn-around time.
- Additive and cost-effective solder mask deposition, eliminating photo processes
- High flexibility with digital patterning
- Environmentally friendly, reducing chemicals and waste
- High resolution and registration accuracy
- No missing dams, improving yield
- No solder mask in holes and vias
Main features and options
- Industry-proven functional inkjet printing technology
- Multi-head arrays for high volume production
- Multiple fiducial alignment for accurate registration
- Integrated UV curing for tack-free processing
- Minimizes environmental impact of solder mask coating
- Compatible with all commercially available inkjet solder mask materials
The following videos, which have been released before the consolidation of the JETxSM name, will use previous names, such as JETxSMP or JETx-M. The concepts and technologies that are depicted in the videos fully apply to the JETxSM.